Wide-Ranging Survey Helps Board of Directors Prioritize Services and Resources
A copy of the complete survey can be viewed here.
(July 15, 2016) WOLF LAUREL, N.C. – The Wolf Laurel Road Maintenance and Security Homeowner’s Association (WLRMS) Board of Directors has completed its second Community Survey. The anonymous survey, which ran July 1-10, drew 343 responses from a database of 720 Email addresses representing homeowners, lot owners and residents of Wolf Laurel, Blue Mountain, Deer Run and The Ridges. The response rate was a robust 48 percent.
“Our first two Community Surveys produced thoughtful responses and participation from 701 stakeholders, representing an average response level of 51 percent,” said WLRMS Board member John Ames, chairman of the WLRMS Communications and Community Relations Committee. “We’re very pleased that the stakeholders have been so eager to participate and help us to better understand our community and our shared priorities.”
Here are some interesting survey highlights:
- 94 percent of stakeholders agree that good quality roads improve Wolf Laurel’s property values, safety and accessibility.
- 93 percent of stakeholders believe that the 24-hour staffed Security Gate is important to Wolf Laurel’s safety and security, and that fair and transparently enforced Covenants support higher property values and quality of life in the community.
- 92 percent agree that maintaining Wolf Laurel as a private, gated community supports higher property values and quality of life.
- 90 percent support the development of an inclusive Long Range Plan to benefit Wolf Laurel (and 47 percent of this group recommends a five-year planning horizon).
- 68 percent sought assistance or information from the on-site, year-round WLRMS Security Staff in the last year.
- In terms of ranking WLRMS’s most important duties across 18 specific areas of responsibility, the top-five most important RMS obligations are All-Season Road Maintenance and Repairs (89 percent), Year-Round Security Gate (86 percent), Drainage Repair and Maintenance (81 percent), Year-Round Safety and Security (80 percent), and Fiscal Responsibility and Transparency (77 percent).
Anonymous comments provided with some questions were appreciated and informative to the Board, but are unquantifiable and therefore not published. The comments however will be helpful in identifying areas of community interest for future surveys.
The WLRMS Community Survey will continue to be based exclusively online as a way to control costs and quicken the pace of interaction with the community. The Board hopes to keep refining and expanding WLRMS Email databases so that the surveys can represent as many community voices as possible.
Please encourage your friends and neighbors in Wolf Laurel to provide their email addresses to WLRMS so they can participate in future surveys.
Wolf Laurel stakeholders who wish to provide or update their email file to WLRMS should do so with WLRMS Office Assistant Katie Mahowald at Katie@WolfLaurelRMS.com or at (828) 680-9162.
The Board thanks the community for its support of this important new channel of interaction and transparency, and strongly encourages robust future community participation.
Wolf Laurel RMS Mission Statement
The Wolf Laurel Road Maintenance and Security Homeowner’s Association is responsible for safeguarding and improving the roads, security, safety, infrastructure, neighborhood architectural standards, natural resources and quality of life of its property owners. WLRMS Officers, Board and Committee Members, and Staff accept this responsibility, and pledge to continue to discharge their duties for the Wolf Laurel community with a robust and renewed commitment to integrity, fiscal responsibility and transparency.